Our dentists use cosmetic bonding to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile. Bonding is a quick process, often lasting less than one hour. Please contact Oconee Dental, PC today to learn more about cosmetic dental bonding in Watkinsville, Georgia, and to make your appointment with Dr. Harmon-Smith, Dr. Anthony, and Dr. Watson.
When you receive a composite dental bonding treatment, our dentists use a tooth-colored material, either plastic or resin, to improve the appearance of your teeth. Unlike other many other dental procedures, composite bonding removes little, if any, of your original tooth structure. Dental bonding is often used to:
- Fix or repair teeth that are chipped or cracked
- Reduce gaps and spaces between teeth
- Hide discoloration or faded areas on the surface of the tooth
- Improve the appearance of misshapen teeth
There are many advantages to composite dental bonding. These include:
- It’s a quick process. Dental bonding can typically be completed in a single appointment.
- It is less expensive than other restorative treatments.
- It does not reduce the original structure of your tooth.
- The bonding material is available in many different shades, and can be matched very closely to the color of your natural teeth.
After receiving your composite dental bonding treatment, remember to continue brushing and flossing your teeth daily. Also remember that composite bonds stain more easily, and will require proper care and cleaning to ensure the longest possible duration of the treatment. Substances such as coffee, tea, tobacco, candy, and some foods can cause staining.
For more information on dental bonding and to schedule your consultation with our dentists, please call our office today.