Are your teeth and gums receiving the care they need and deserve? Are you constantly looking for ways to improve your oral health care? If not, start the New Year off right by looking for newer and better ways to enhance your treatment methods for your teeth and gums. With dental floss, it may be possible to improve the product you are using, and even the way you are using it. You can upgrade your oral health with better dental floss tactics using some of the following tips:
- Never use random materials for dental floss. Only use floss or interdental cleaners recommended by your dentist.
- Choose dental floss that has the American Dental Association ADA Seal of Acceptance.
- Prevent damage to your teeth and gums by flossing softly and safely.
- When flossing, use a piece between 16-20 inches in length. Move to a different section of thread for each tooth. Use a gentle motion to move to or from each tooth.
- Don’t forget to floss between every single tooth and behind your back teeth.
- Always floss at least once per day.
- Avoid using floss that can easily tear or fray.
- Be sure to visit your dentist at Oconee Dental, PC for your professional cleanings as scheduled.
To receive an oral exam with Dr. DeAnn Harmon-Smith, we invite you to schedule an appointment by calling 706-769-1659 to speak to a member of our team. Our office is located in Watkinsville, Georgia. We look forward to crafting the smile of your dreams!